Completion of 80 percent of the construction work at the University. The university includes many colleges and majors serving the community.
The Faculty of International Legal Studies aspires to be a leading institution in the field of education and legal research to serve the community and become a center for excellence on the local, regional and international levels.
The faculty seeks to prepare efficient graduates in the field of law to meet the needs of the labor market and to develop their ability to conduct advanced research in support of international relations. The faculty is committed to achieving excellence in teaching and learning through innovative programs and through building links of cooperation and partnership with different sectors locally, regionally and internationally to ensure job opportunities for graduate students.
The Faculty of International Legal Studies will pursue its mission and seek to achieve its vision by committing to the following goals:
- To provide the Egyptian and Arab jurists with analytical skills related to international legal concepts and to develop the ability of graduates to compare different legal systems
- To develop different skills to deal with the international environment within the framework of various international or trade organizations.
- To familiarize with the international legal systems such as the unified legal systems of the European Union and the American legal system, as well as the contemporary Arab legal systems
- To practically train graduates how to write legal notes and how to plead before international courts and arbitration centers
- To work on improving the scientific research system in the field of law to serve the community and the knowledge industry by spreading the culture of scientific research and providing a supportive scientific environment and stimulating it through publication in specialized periodicals locally and internationally.
- To provide outstanding legal education in accordance with the standards of quality and accreditatio
Methods of achieving strategic objectives
To achieve its strategic objectives, the Faculty of International Legal Studies seeks:
- Developing an integrated study plan.
- Attracting outstanding faculty staff members.
- Using a flexible schedule.
- Developing diverse learning sources such as books and electronic periodicals.
- Using the latest books and curricula in teaching courses.
- Benefiting from the research of faculty members in developing the contents of the courses.
- Using modern methods and techniques of teaching and learning.
- Combining traditional teaching methods and e-learning.
- Increasing and strengthening links with the work environment through graduates and judicial bodies, law offices, and legal departments of various governmental institutions.
The following ruling values are the principles and beliefs that guide our actions to fulfill our mission. They also guide the process of setting long-term strategic goals and objectives and the way they will be implemented:
- Academic Freedom: With regard to the scientific research system, the faculty seeks to maintain its scientific independence and to release the freedom of scientific research in a way that does not contradict with the moral values
- Justice: The faculty is committed to equality and non-discrimination in all its actions.
- Teamwork: The faculty supports working in a team to exchange experiences and knowledge to achieve added value that cannot be achieved by a single party.
- Transparency: The faculty seeks to create an environment in which information about its decisions and actions is accessible to everyone to ensure the flow of information and to work in a way that allows stakeholders to maintain their interests and make the appropriate decisions accordingly.
- Empowerment: The faculty works to provide a motivating work environment that helps to stimulate human resources by giving them the necessary powers to perform their work and providing them with support and guidance.
- Originality: The faculty works to respect the values, traditions and heritage of the society and aims to develop its culture in this context
Main areas of the ongoing development plan
The specified paths of our goals are not static, so these goals will be assessed annually, and modified or replaced as needed, to ensure that students are provided with the most effective academic program, given the current realities of the profession and the job market. For ongoing review, we will work:
- To establish a comprehensive evaluation system that measures the success of students and graduates in mastering practice and analytical skills.
- To expand through partnerships and strategic alliances
- To introduce a number of outstanding study programs that suit societal developments.
The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.